Advanced Disposal Services, along with its subsidiaries, provides non-hazardous solid waste collection, recycling, and disposal services to residential, commercial, industrial, construction, and government customers in the United States and Bahamas. Its services for businesses include garbage, recycling, construction and demolition, and special waste collection; waste disposal, recycling, special waste disposal, and oil and gas drilling waste material management and disposal; and commercial waste and recycling containers, roll-off open top containers, and compactors rental. The company’s services for residential customers comprise garbage, recycling, yard waste, bulk pickup, electronic recycling, and household hazardous waste collection; and roll-off container rental. Its services for government customers include waste removal, as well as recycling, yard waste, and bulk waste collection; and waste disposal, recycling, and special waste disposal. The company serves industrial/manufacturing, restaurant, property management, construction and demolition, colleges and universities, K-12 education, healthcare, retail, faith based, hotels, entertainment, and agriculture industries. Advanced Disposal provides collection, transfer, disposal and recycling operations to more than 221,000 commercial customers and 2.8 million residential customers throughout Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Wisconsin and the Bahamas. The company was founded in 2000 and is based in Ponte Vedra, Florida. Advanced Disposal Services South, LLC operates as a subsidiary of Advanced Disposal Services, Inc.
HISTORY[edit | edit source]
- February 2, 2016, Advanced Disposal, an integrated environmental services company, has completed the acquisition of assets of Tatum Sanitation, based in Canton, Ga.
- February 10, 2016, Advance Disposal reportedly postpones IPO
- April 9, 2016, Advanced Disposal, completed the acquisition of assets of Heffner’s Sanitation, based in Reynoldsville, Pa.
- May 5, 2016, Advanced Disposal, completed the acquisition of certain accounts of Arwood Waste, Inc., based in Jacksonville, Fla., which serves the five county area in addition to Glynn and Camden counties in Georgia.
- May 10, 2016, Advanced Disposal, completed the acquisition of assets of Pete’s Economy Hauling, based in Sheboygan, Wis.
- August 3, 2016, Advanced Disposal announces investment by Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and Michael Koen joining the Board of Directors.
- September 9, 2016, Advanced Disposal, acquired West Mobile Sanitation based in Mobile, Ala.
- September 26, 2016, Advanced Disposal commences IPO of Common Stock
- October 5, 2016, Advanced Disposal Services, Inc. announced the pricing of its initial public offering of 19,250,000 shares of its common stock at a price to the public of $18.00 per share.
- October 12, 2016, Advanced Disposal Services, Inc. announced the completion of its initial public offering of 19,250,000 shares of its common stock at a price to the public of $18.00 per share.
- October 19, 2016, Advanced Disposal Services, Inc. announced that Christopher Beall has resigned from the board of directors.
- October 20, 2016, Advanced Disposal Services, Inc. announced that it has invited certain prospective lenders to a meeting scheduled for October 21, 2016, for purposes of considering a potential debt refinancing, consisting of a $1.8 billion new senior secured credit facility and an offering of $425 million in senior unsecured notes.